Steam Deck Warranty Information
At GROOV (NZ), our commitment is to ensure your user experience is dependable and gratifying. Should you encounter a defective product, kindly reach out to our support team within 3 days of receiving your order.
The Steam Deck product comes with a 1-year limited warranty, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below:
Warranty Coverage: This limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship of the Steam Deck for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. The warranty is valid only for the original purchaser and is non-transferable.
Warranty Exclusions: The Limited Warranty does not apply if the Hardware:
- has been modified or repaired by anyone except a Valve-designated service center and the cause of the issue for which you seek service is the modification or repair, or damage caused by either;
- has had its serial number removed, altered, replaced, defaced, or rendered illegible;
- is abused, misused, improperly maintained, mishandled, or neglected;
- is damaged by exposure to an accident, natural disaster, or any other events or circumstances outside Valve's control;
- is used in any manner inconsistent with the acceptable practices identified in the Hardware manual;
- is cleaned in any manner other than as specified in the Hardware manual;
- is returned for repair or replacement in packaging that does not meet the specifications identified, above, in the return instructions, or is otherwise mishandled by Purchaser or the common carrier prior to its return;
- is used for commercial purposes; or
- is sold "AS IS" or in "REFURBISHED" condition.
Warranty Claim Procedure: To initiate a warranty claim, please follow these steps: a) Contact our customer support team to request a return authorization and obtain instructions for returning the product. b) Provide the original proof of purchase (receipt or invoice) and the product's serial number. c) Securely package the Steam Deck, including all original contents, such as accessories, cables, and documentation. d) Ensure that the package is properly packed to prevent any damage during shipping.
Return Shipping: The customer is responsible for shipping the product back to our office in Christchurch, New Zealand. Please note that the product should be adequately insured and securely packed to avoid further damage during transit. We recommend using a trackable shipping service for your protection.
Warranty Resolution: Upon receipt of the returned product, our support team will initiate a claim with Valve on your behalf. In the rare instance that you need to send the hardware to the Valve US Service Centre for repair or replacement, you will be responsible for the shipping costs to and from the US. The designated shipping cost for return or repair is set at NZD 200, unless you have purchased the "Extended Warranty" with us, in which case the shipping cost will be waived.
Additional Terms: a) The warranty does not cover any consequential or incidental damages arising from the use or inability to use the product. b) We reserve the right to update or modify this warranty policy at any time without prior notice.
Please retain your original purchase receipt and this warranty policy for future reference.
If you have any questions or require further assistance regarding the limited warranty for the Steam Deck, please contact our customer support team. We are here to help!